BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 26 September 2013

Hair Story Part 3: DIY Mermaid Hair With Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Electric Blue and Shocking Pink

In my last post, I spoke about the pre-lightening process that I went through, using Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL 00B Max Blonde, in preparation for my blue and pink Download Festival hair. I also tested some Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Electric Blue on a strand of hair.

The fourth day came, and it was time for the big hair colouring session. Time to brave it and go for the full head blue and pink...
Thankfully, I had decided that it was best to buy another box of Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Electric Blue, as 1 box just wouldn’t have been enough!

Once again, my sister helped me out. Thanks Donna! We started by wetting my hair, then sectioning in to 2, with the hair brought to the front. We then covered the bottom of my hair in Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Shocking Pink, before spreading Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Electric Blue throughout the rest of my hair, from the roots, the start of the pink section. Once Donna had finished helping, we left the dye to develop, adding a little more Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Shocking Pink with my glove-less fingers (sin!), particularly focusing on the area where the blue ended and pink began, to make sure no blue was left and that the colours blended together nicely.

The dyes were left to develop for around 30 minutes, before I got in the shower and washed my hair.
As I washed the colours together, the pink ended up more of a purple-pink shade, but I loved the end result.

Great success, I had the mermaid hair which I have always wanted.
Ignore the date, this was taken at Download Festival in June. A friend took this by surprise, I was unprepared but it came out quite cool! His caption of 'How can anyone be this photogenic' will forever make me smile. So sweet :)
Wet hair at Download. I would like to thank the rain for my lovely curls!
and here's my hair, post-Download rain and after a few washes:
The colours soon started to wash/fade out, in to various shades of blue, turquoise, yellow, green, pink and purple. Quite funky! I then stripped my hair, using ColourB4. More about what I did next coming up in Part 4 :)

After creating my Mermaid/Download hair, I was left with over half a tube of Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Shocking Pink, which I kept hold of. Thankfully, the tube has a resealable lid. YAY!

Once again, I was left very impressed by Schwarzkopf's products and loved my hair colours.

xXx

Disclaimer: I was very excited to have been sent a box of Live Color XXL Electric Blue and Live Color XXL Shocking Pink from Schwarzkopf. The second box of Live Color XXL Electric Blue was purchased with my own money, as were the 2 boxes of Live Colour XXL Max Blonde, which I used in the pre-lightening process. I am a massive fan of Schwarzkopf and have used many of their hair colours and other products over the years, a lot of which can be found reviewed on my blog. Big thank you to Schwarzkopf for introducing me to these colours! 

2 comments:

  1. This is insanely cool! And the best colours too - beautiful hair to brighten up the dullest days! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm missing the funky bright hair, it's currently a faded pastel and blonde mix, very tempted to go bright again! x

      Delete

Comments make me smile :) Leave yours below...