BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 22 October 2012

Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Ultra Brights Raspberry Rebel

So, I've been gone a while and now I'm back, with a new hair colour :D

Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Ultra Brights Hair Dye Raspberry Rebel 91

 
 
As you can see, I didn't go over my roots before dying, so the top is darker and I didn't pre-lighten my hair (which is a good job really, seeing as it is very bright as it is!)

The new colour has gone down very well, which is good. Most people think it is red and I've had a few Ariel comments, which makes me happy, seeing as I love Ariel, The Little Mermaid and anything mermaid!!
I'd say it's more reddish pink, well, raspberry!


As much as I love the colour, I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it, due to the fact I am struggling with clothes and make-up. I wear a lot of black, which is fine but as for make-up, I'm a massive lipstick fan and I'm finding it hard to wear most colours with the new hair colour.

I've washed it 4 times already and the colour is still vibrant, despite the box saying it lasts 6-8 washes.
The photo below is taken during the day, without flash, after 4 washes.


There are 2 other shades in the Ultra Brights collection, Pillar Box Red and Fiery Copper. Both look equally as amazing!

Currently available for £4 and under in most shops, Boots, Superdrug etc.

 
 I used 2 boxes, as my hair is very long.
Left the colour in for just over 30 minutes.
The dye is ready to use, all that comes in the box is the colour creme tube, 2 sachets of conditioner, gloves and instructions.
One thing that AMAZED me about this was that it actually smells of raspberries...WOW. This made the whole at home hair dying experience so much more pleasant.

Have you tried any of Schwarzkopf's XXL colours before?
Are you daring enough to try these Ultra Bright colours?

In the past, I had purple hair, which was thanks to Schwarzkopf's XXL Cyber Purple. You can see photos of my purple hair on my blog.
I had purple hair from January 2011, up to this summer, when I used Colour B4 to strip out the remaining purple shades down to the blonde/peach shade that my hair has been until now :)

I really recommend Schwarzkopf's XXL hair dyes!

Oh, I should add...this was a nightmare to get hold of, it's been flying off the shelves! I had to get 1 box from town, then go on a wild goose chase to find a second box, everywhere sold out then I found a box at the retail park, phew.

xXx

21 comments:

  1. Wow you're beautiful! Hair envy!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!
    I love that hair colour on you, it's so pretty! I can imagine how annoying it is getting lipsticks to go with it though!
    That's such a good price for hair dye as well, I'm surprised it has stayed vibrant. Next time I'm dying my hair at home I'll need to take a look at these!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) It's so difficult to get back to blogging after being away. Got so much to blog about...
      I know, it's a great price! The colour has started to fade/wash out a little now, I've noticed. Still vibrant though :) Definitely take a look at them, they are semi-permanent, so it's worth a try ;) It'd look nice as a dip-dye too xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh wow its so bright, love itttt x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant believe how bright it is! It really does suit you :) Purple hair looks gorgeous on you too. Aghh goodness i wish i was one of these lucky folk who can get away with every hair colour! Youre one of them! :)) love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little shocked when I had it done haha! Thank you :D I just get bored and like to try different things! I've always wanted to try turqoise and candyfloss pink, maybe one of those will be next! xx

      Delete
  5. Hey, Just like to say your hair is gorgeous and im thinking about going the pillar box red, but I have to be really careful with my hair as its really damaged from bleaching out pink dye. I just wanna know does this semi dye dry out hair? and would you recommend I put this on my hair with the condition its currently in :) sorry for all the questions xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) Thank you! My hair is very dry, it always has been. Years of various coloured hair dyes, along with having not had a haircut in around 2 years have not helped it... Having said that, I found with all at-home dyes, they have not been drying. The Schwarzkopf Live Colour XXL dyes (the Cyber Purple and Raspberry Rebel) were actually pretty conditioning and made my hair shiny and soft!
      This was my personal experience, I can't judge what yours will turn out like but on me they have always been fine!
      The colour gradually faded at first, then suddenly faded quite fast but I was happy with how long it lasted, as a semi-permanent colour. I hope this helps :) xx

      Delete
    2. Hi no it dose not dry out your hair as I've used it and its really bright I'm thinking of using raspberry rebel but pillar box red is really good and I'm only 12 sooooo I would go for it it's really really nice and I'm happy with my results even tho I died it on brown hair it was really good and it gives your hair more of a shine thanks xxxxx

      Delete
    3. May I ask how many times you had to bleach your hair for the pink color to disappear?

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Hi there, I am really interested in trying this colour and have been building up the courage to do it for a while now. my only issue is that I love my blonde hair, it has taken me a long time to get a blonde colour that I am happy with. however I also want a change and want to try this raspberry colour, but without permanently loosing my blonde. you have said that the colour faded but I'm wondering did it ever completely fade? And leave you with the colour you had underneath as if you had never dyed it? Because I'm kind of expecting that it will damage my blonde colour slightly. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      It never completely faded for me, but I didn't leave it long enough before I dyed on top of it with Schwarzkopf's Red Berry Passion. The colour is semi-permanent but I'm not sure it would ever completely fade out, back to the same blonde as before! One thing I would suggest, if you wanted to go for Raspberry Rebel, then back to blonde, is to try ColourB4. I used that to strip the Schwarzkopf Cyber Purple out of my hair last year and it took it back to blonde, which gradually lightened, before I dyed it again!
      The pink will fade through various shades of pink, which does look great. It's up to you, I can understand your worries but you can always return to blonde, using dyes or at the hairdressers. But I know what you mean, I sometimes look at photos of my hair when it was a particular shade of blonde and wish I could get that back! Raspberry Rebel is an amazing hair colour :) x

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful colour! You look lovely it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't have that colour anymore but would like to return to it at some point! There's loads of other colours I want to try first! x

      Delete
  8. I have medium brown hair and was thinking of trying the Red Passion. I just hate the idea of having to strip/bleach my hair. My hair is like virgin hair bc it's been 8yrs since I put anything in it. However I'm in love with Haley's from paramore's cherry red and think it may be time to take that step. Do you have to strip your hair before applying? Also I thought the dyes were semi permanent. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used Red Passion before. I don't usually strip or bleach my hair, but I did recently, just to achieve brighter results and to strip out the bright colour afterwards. Thankfully, I discovered Colour B4, which works perfectly on my hair. Schwarzkopf's Live Color XXL dyes are semi-permanent. In your case, as you are planning a big change, after 8 years of not colouring your hair, I would advise you to contact to Schwarzkopf for advice, they will be able to help you with the best way to achieve the look that you are after :)

      Delete
  9. Has anyone used DARK SPICE XXL ?
    I've bleach my hair but its golden blonde not platinum. Which Xxl red is best in your opinion ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone used DARK SPICE XXL ?
    I've bleach my hair but its golden blonde not platinum. Which Xxl red is best in your opinion ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Leave yours below...