BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 21 May 2012

Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effect Review

Whilst in Aberystwyth on Saturday, my sister and I went to have a cheeky look in Boots. I was trying not to spend the last of my pennies, but when I spotted Max Factor's new Flipsticks, I just had to! I called it a treat to me from me, for my efforts in walking to work and back every day last week as part of National Walk to Work Week. Over 30 miles deserved a reward :)

Max Factor is not usually a brand that I tend to look at and I don't think I actually own any Max Factor, until now.

Gipsy Red is the shade used for the promotional material and as soon as I saw the poster in store I just had to try it.


There are 6 shades available but there were only 3 in the Aberystwyth store.


I swatched all 3 available shades but wasn't overly impressed with the other 2. I found that the others were a little similar between the flip colours, whereas Gipsy Red has 2 completely different shades.

Gipsy Red had me sold!

Gipsy Red Swatched:


Shade 1
Shade 2
Shade 2 with Shade 1 tabbed in the centre of lips.
 (The lighting in the first 2 photos looks lighter for some reason but shades still appear the same)
 

 Left: Shade 1 - Right: Shade 2

I wore Gipsy Red whilst out yesterday daytime. I applied the darker shade, then dabbed some of the golden shade to the centre of my lips.



 
 
The Flipsticks are thinner than normal lipsticks, so you have to be a little careful not to snap them. The thinner size has the benefit of making application easier and more precise.

Long lasting, nice application, rich colour with just 1 swipe (highly pigmented), glossy.

I love how it is essentially 3 lipsticks in 1. Use either side alone, or mix together to create a completely different shade or effect e.g. graduating colour or a different shade on each lip.

I really like this. It's rare that I buy or wear lipsticks that aren't pink shades, so this is a nice change.

Overall, I would really recommend trying these, in particular Gipsy Red.








Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effects usually retail for £8.49 but Boots currently have £2 off. So £6.49!

Also available from Superdrug on 3 for 2.

What do you think?
Will you be trying these?

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.
Tomorrow I will be doing a Weekend in Outfits post :) Yay.

I would also like to give a big thanks to all my 'Followers', or lovely people who have subscribed to my blog.  I have now reached 201, woo hoo. THANK YOU! Also, a big thank you to those who read my blog, but may not 'Follow'.

If you would like to follow my blog:

:)

xXx

4 comments:

Comments make me smile :) Leave yours below...