BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 2 April 2012

OOTN: Tonight We're Gonna Live Forever

*PIC HEAVY*

Last night I went to Birmingham to watch one of my favourite bands, Kids in Glass Houses <3

The guys were supporting You Me at Six, along with Mayday Parade and The Skints (we missed The Skints!).

The gig was awesome.

KIGH absolutely smashed it, as always.

I have seen them 9 times now over the past 5 years and still get excited like it's Christmas every time I see them.

One of the best bands live. So much energy, charisma, entertaining, great musicians and Aled is one of the greatest frontmen, EVER.

Sadly, we didn't get to meet the guys this time :-( I dislike seeing them live and not meeting them, so used to meeting them now! Boo.

Anyway, as you can tell, I am still on a KIGH...sorry, I just had to!
I am still on a high from the gig, even though I didn't get home til 2:30am, was in agony from wearing 5 inch heels at the gig, had 3 hours sleep and then (I don't know how) I walked a good couple of miles to work this morning!...must have been the excitement and listening to some great tunes on my journey to work (KIGH included, of course!).

Here's what I wore:


 

 
Top: River Island
Skirt: The Infamous Faux Leather, Primark
Tights: Asda
Shoes: Primark (year or so ago!)
Bag: Birthday present off Kelly a couple of years ago, New Look

 

 


The Shoes:

Gig shoes - Driving shoes

The heels killed, but I felt older and was taller and had a 5 inch height advantage so could actually see the stage! I only noticed one other girl wearing heels there, everyone else was in Vans, Converse or military boots...
 
 The Nails:

Lefty: Barry M Black, Rio white nail art pen and Models Own Hedkandi Ibiza Mix on the thumb.

 
Righty: Barry M Black with Models Own Hedkandi Ibiza Mix

 The Face:

Had the dramatic eye going on.
My hair is so shiny after using my new shampoo and conditioner (post very soon!)


 
The face consists of the usual foundation and powder, Accesorize Diva blush, some charcoal eyeshadow from 17, L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara, Barry M Waterproof eyeliner and Vivo Frosted Pink lipgloss.
 
The Photos:
 Some (a load!) of photos from the night...

The venue from the car park.

Tickets and nails :)

Outside the venue, where we joined the tiny Box Office queue, as the kind security said it was ok :)
Few minutes later, we were in!
The main queue was down the road, round the block, thousands of people back!!
Kind security! Makes a change for security and staff to actually be friendly and chatty, that was nice.

Mayday Parade.


Kelly and I, living the KIGH life :)

Kids in Glass Houses.

You Me at Six.

Kelly revealed she is a proper geek and had a mission of finding £1 in change on the floor...she had 30p, then I spotted a whole £1 coin, so she picked it up and was very happy...BLESS.

Picked up these cute little flyers for Diamond Days :)


Sitting in the ride, waiting in the warmth after the gig, in hope of meeting the guys but sadly they had left when we were still in the venue :-(

DUDE.

Faux pas.
This would be why I said that there was to be no eating in my car after the valet 2 weeks ago!


 So there we have it :)
 
Loved loved LOVED last night, so much.
Love gigs.
Love music.
Love live, amazing bands :)

Next up: Lostprophets,  23 April, O2 Academy Birmingham.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

I will leave you with Kids in Glass Houses latest song, one of my favourites and where the name of this post came from :)
Check them out.
Great video too (even if you only see the guys briefly!).

 

xXx

8 comments:

  1. great outfit - I reall love your hair colour :)

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm currently in a debate over my hair colour!
      xx

      Delete
  2. fab outfit! and you hair looks super soft and nice hehe! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is, the shampoo and conditioner are brilliant! I have just done a review post ;)
      xx

      Delete
  3. You look stunning! Gorgeous blog by the way babe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures, a whole lot better than mine :)
    Can't wait to play spot the money again sometime ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) These are about the best I got of the bands! Shame there was none with Aled this time :(
      Haha, Oh Jesus! You'll have to up your target next time ;)
      xx

      Delete

Comments make me smile :) Leave yours below...