BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 21 October 2011

Boudoir Prive October - My First Beauty Box :)

Hey girls :)

So I got home from work today (after getting frustrated, impatiently waiting at the office for a delivery) and found that my Boudoir Prive box was waiting for me! I didn't realise I had put my home address for delivery. What a nice surprise for the day :)

I opened the outer packaging to reveal the gorgeous pink box, which is reusable and will certainly be reused! There is a lot of packaging (tut tut Boudoir Prive), but it does add to the look and feel! and I shall recycle and reuse everything that I can, naturally. Everything looked so pretty, adding to my excitement.

Without hesitation, I opened the wrapping to find 9 great products!


What's in the box?
- Rose & Co Apothecary Rose Petal Salve (20g)
- StudioMakeUp Line Styler Pen 'Blackest Black' (1.1ml)
- Memo Paris Les Echappees 'Inle' Eau De Parfum (small sample bottle)
- Korres Guava Body Butter (50ml)
- Leonor Greyl Palme (25ml)
- Cetuem SCR Gold Illuminating Mask (5ml)
- Cetuem SCR Gold Creme De Lite (5ml)

The Extras
- Zoya Nail Varnish 'Jem' (7.5ml)
- Tropic Body Smooth (small pot)

I got 2 extra products from last month's box, as I received an email saying if I registered by Midnight on the set date I would receive these. This sold it to me, though I forgot about it and ended up completing my order at 11:59pm!! I did wonder if I would have made it in time to get the extra 2 products, and it seems I did, yay!

Brands
The products were all by brands I had not heard of, except Zoya nail varnish, of which I was sent a stunning colour (the best IMO), Jem - a dark pinky/purple glitter varnish. There was also a plastic nail set, with samples of all of Zoya's Smoke and Mirrors nail varnishes. This is a good way of showing what colours are available, though it is also pretty wasteful as lots of people now have a plastic cover, with leaflet and plastic nail display piece of not much use! I figured I will probably keep mine for my dressing table display (whenever I get and sort this!).

Overview/Favourites
I will and have already (yes!) used all the products. They wouldn't necessarily be things I would go out and buy, but it is nice to have a sample of different products and a nice treat.

The eyeliner is great, the nail varnish is gorgeous and the Guava Body Butter is just yummy!

The Rose Petal Salve is a nice product too, though I covered my lips in this and could taste the Roses...which was slightly wrong! It is described as 'An excellent all-round salve', for dry lips, rough skin, lashes and brows and 'anywhere you need a little shine!'. I also tried it on my lashes and eczema!
Value For Money
With the eyeliner being worth £12 alone and the Rose Petal Salve being £5, the box is worth a lot more than the £10 you pay!

Above (more towel turban shots lol!): wearing the StudioMakeUp Line Styler Pen, which I was pleased to find was not a random colour, it is Blackest Black :)

More Overview
My sister was fascinated by the box, being sceptical at first, until I opened it. Now she wants a beauty box!

This is my first beauty box and I am impressed! Now I have a problem...I don't know whether to stay with Boudoir Prive, or try another box! There are a few now and I've heard mixed reviews on them. Anyone got any advice?? Recommendations?

More Info
Boudoir Prive boxes are £10 per month, with free delivery and you can sign up at http://www.boudoirprive.co.uk/.

xXx

5 comments:

  1. I've not subscribed to any yet but am hoping to get one for christmas, from reading the reviews around on blogs I like the look of this one the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This months box was amazing. You got a lovely nail polish colour!

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the liner!

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaut make up, looks worth the investment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Monday Receptionist - you should definitely subscribe and give one a try :) You can always cancel after you receive your box, if you are not happy with it!

    @Zoe - it was! I am impressed, especially with the nail varnish :) I can't decide whether to stay with BP for another month now, or swap to a different box...

    @Girlie Blogger - I have used the liner over the weekend and it is SO good! I really like it! Doesn't smudge like others I have used either and lasted all day and night :)

    @are you dressing up or dressing down - It is :) I am really happy with it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Leave yours below...